Saturday, August 18, 2012

2012 TransFaith In Color Conference-Day Two

It's been an amazing day and is still going on as I type this post from the hotel's business center.  Still getting kudos for the keynote speech, reconnected with friends and met new ones, and hearing the sounds of the music from the Sweet-T ball.

I'm headed back to Houston in the morning until it's time for my next trip in a few short days to the Big Apple, and in September I'll be heading back to Washington. 

The TransFaith In Color 2012 conference has been all that and then some, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the various regional events in 2013 take shape as the main TFIC takes a pause until 2014.

We were given a warm welcome by the wonderful people of the host committee that put on a well run, spirit filled, and informative transcentric event. 

We had close to 300 people take part in this conference with well attended, informative and interactive seminars.  We had one serious discusson last night after the screening of Gun Hill Road led by Bishop Rawls and later myself that talked about trans pain and other issues in depth until 4 AM

Well, time to go check in for my flight and pack my stuff.  Gotta be at the airport for an 8:30 AM EST departure and need my beauty sleep.

TransGriot Note: Thanks to Mya Leilani Vazquez for the photo.

No comments: