Saturday, April 07, 2012

First 2012 Houston TG Center Social

Last night I took a moment to get out of the house and check out the first Houston TG Center social of 2012.  I had a blast getting to meet and greet some of my Houston TransGriot readers who attended the event.

Hey, I had to show up since I posted it on my Facebook page I was going and didn't want to disappoint anyone.  

The TG Center socials happen on the first Friday of every month through the fall and usually have barbecue chicken, burgers, chips, dips and covered dishes for people to eat.   They even have stuff to eat for you vegan peeps for a $10 donation to the cause.

I had a great time and many wonderful conversations on a wide variety of subjects with the folks who did show up.   It's one of the ways we build community here in H-town, and I hope you'll consider attending the next TG social next month if your schedule allows it or a subsequent one.

The May social is scheduled to happen on my birthday.   Hmm...


No comments: