Thursday, February 23, 2012

There The Conservafools Go Again With The Girl Scout Smearing.

I have a lot of reasons to dislike conservafools, but one of the things that really aggravates me are the coordinated right wing attacks on the Girl Scouts that have led me to triple my usual order of cookies this year and I'm looking for more.  

The latest round of idiocy came from Indiana state rep Bob Morris (R-Fort Wayne) who refused to sign a resolution letter honoring the 100th anniversary of the founding of Girl Scouts thanking them "for the strong positive influence it has had on the American woman."   

In a letter to the Indiana Republifool legislative caucus published in the Fort Wayne Journal Gazette Morris claims his opposition to the organization based on web-based research at  World Net Wingnut Daily, they are 'promoting homosexual lifestyles'.

Many parents are abandoning the Girl Scouts because they promote homosexual lifestyles. In fact, the Girl Scouts education seminar girls are directed to study the example of role models. Of the fifty role models listed, only three have a briefly-mentioned religious background – all the rest are feminists, lesbians, or Communists. World Net Daily, in a May 2009 article, states that Girl Scout Troops are no longer allowed to pray or sing traditional Christmas Carols.

Really?   What this is about is that you conservafools are still upset you never got control of the Girl Scouts and got the opportunity to turn them into the Conservafundie Youth like y'all did with the Boy Scouts and I thank God y'all didn't.

The fact the Girl Scouts support trans youth is a bonus as far as I'm concerned and I have much love and respect for the organization for standing up to the conservabullying and living up to the Girl Scout Promise and Girl Scout Law..  

The more you conservafools attempt to smear the organization, in an attempt to force them to live your facts free conservative lifestyle, the more support the Girl Scouts get.    

That reminds me, think it's time to order some more Girl Scout cookies.  I'm fresh out of Thin Mints.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

As a "life long" Girl Scout I say thank you. I was a Girl Scout as a little girl, and I am now a Girl Scout leader, I have more than 17 years invested in the organization. God Bless You!