Monday, January 02, 2012

Happy Kwanzaa Black Trans Style-The 2011 Remix: Compilation and Contemplation

Haban gari    What's The News?

Yesterday was the conclusion of the 2011 celebration of Kwanzaa.   As I did last year, I decided to once again compile a series of posts that broke down each one of the Nguzo Saba principles that are celebrated during Kwanzaa and explain how they apply to the African descended trans community. 

As with last year's posts, I hope they not only gave you food for thought, but also inspired you to take action to not only do something as African descended trans people to stand up and help our shared African American community and any other one we interact with, but also take stock in our own lives and strive to do better to represent the African-American trans community in a more positive way.

I'm going to do my part to practice what I preach.  I'm also challenging others to step up to the plate on behalf of our chocolate trans community and yourselves as transmen and transwomen to tap into the spirit of greatness within you and do so as well.

Here are the 2011 Kwanzaa posts that I wrote about the Nguzo Saba principles. I'm also going to make it easy for you to compare and contrast them with last year's Kwanzaa posts

Happy Kwanzaa Black Trans Style- The 2011 Remix


Happy Kwanzaa Black Trans Style- The 2011 Remix: Umoja


Happy Kwanzaa Black Trans Style- The 2011 Remix: Kujichagulia


Happy Kwanzaa Black Trans Style- The 2011 Remix: Ujima


Happy Kwanzaa Black Trans Style- The 2011 Remix: Ujamaa



Happy Kwanzaa Black Trans Style- The 2011 Remix: Nia

Happy Kwanzaa Black Trans Style- The 2011 Remix: Kuumba

Happy Kwanzaa Black Trans Style- The 2011 Remix: Imani


I hope and pray African descended cis brothers and sisters that you will also do your part to take these Nguzo Saba principles and my words as your African descended transsister to heart and realize that we are connected to you by blood, history, and an inescapable web of mutuality.

And as this 2011 series of Kwanzaa posts concludes with the close of Kwanzaa last night, let the seven candles burning brightly on the Kinara burn these words and the words of my posts brightly into your hearts and minds. 





No comments: