Sunday, November 06, 2011

TransGriot's NFL Picks-Week 9

Aww yeah!   Broke out of that 8-5 rut I've been in for the last three weeks and had a wonderful Week 8  picking NFL games. 

The Texans beat Jacksonville 24-14 to stay unbeaten in the AFC South and atop the division at 5-3.   What's even better is I erased that one game deficit with Michael Watts in our season long pigskin prognostication battle.



Still didn't get my perfect week, but was close.  But as the old saying goes, close only counts with horseshoes, hand grenades and nuclear weapons.


New Orleans had a WTF moment in St. Louis last week, Carolina and Minnesota was a toss up and I went back and forth over the San Diego-Kansas City game before I settled on the Chargers.  I presumed they would be pissed after losing to the Jets but obviously they still have some offensive issues to sort out.

The second half of the season now starts in earnest this weekend and this is how I fared during the first half of the season. .

Now that we are getting ready to start the second half of the NFL football season, the games get more important for the NFL teams wanting to be in the playoffs and the same is true for me in my NFL picks competition.

Now that I've regained the lead on Mr. Watts whose Week 9 picks are here, I want to keep it and expand on it.

Only four teams have byes this week, which means I pick 14 games.  The Carolina Panthers, Detroit Lions, Jacksonville Jaguars and the Minnesota Vikings are the teams that get to chill and watch everybody else play.   

So let's see if I can have another good prognostication week.  Team I'm selecting to win is on the left with the  home team in bold print.

Week 8 record 10-3
TransGriot Season Record 74-42

Week 9
Sunday, November 6

12 Noon Games
Buffalo over NY Jets
New Orleans over Tampa Bay
Atlanta over Indianapolis
Dallas over Seattle
Kansas City over Miami
San Francisco over Washington
Houston over Cleveland

3 PM Games
Oakland over Denver
Tennessee over Cincinnati
Arizona over St Louis 
New England over NY Giants
Green Bay over San Diego

Sunday Night Game
Pittsburgh over Baltimore

Monday, November 7
Philadelphia over Chicago







No comments: