Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Diamond Stylz-Being And Living Your Gender Unapologetically

Diamond Stylz rocks!   My Houston homegirl penned a post combined with video on the subject and I loved what she had to say about living your trans life and gender identity in an unapologetic manner.

As I say repeatedly, transpeople are part of the diverse mosaic of human life.  Elements of you out there need to remember that, stand up, stand tall and be proud of being a woman of trans experience.  

Here's what Diamond had to say:

Don't we claim to be just like regular people? Then start acting like it. I know some manly looking biological females who identify as women. When people mistake them for men. They don't make it a trigger for a depression episode. They say “No sweetie, I'm a woman”…and move on with their life. On  personal note, I use to get so insecure when someone would say “ooo you’re tall for a woman” because I'm almost 5’11…. UNTIL…I saw a bio woman who was taller than me get the same statement at Burger King. She smile and said “Yea I am. Can I get no onions and extra mayo on that burger?” That one few seconds change my whole perspective of how I interacted with the world… YEA I AM …NOW MOVING ON

No comments: