Saturday, September 17, 2011

TransGriot's NFL Picks-Week 2

Well, the first nerve racking weekend of TransGriot NFL picks is out of the way.   Even though I've done this before, it's the first time in several years and the first time on this blog I flexed my football punditry muscles. 

I was determined to get off to a good start and 9-7 wasn't too bad.

After seeing all 32 teams play, while it's still early in the season, I have a better idea of how this 2011 NFL season may progress.   I have a better perspective on which teams are heading to the top of the NFL class, which teams are just average and which teams need remedial work.

Hopefully that will translate to a better record this week.

Was shocked by Buffalo blowing out the Chiefs, how easily the Texans beat down the Colts, the performance of the NFC North and the Pittsburgh meltdown in Baltimore against the Ravens

And as much as I loathe the Tennessee Traitors, I still had them picked to beat Jacksonville which they were on track to do until that late interception sealed the game and possibly saved coach Jack del Rio's job. 

I also have a challenger.  Michael Watts is picking 2011 NFL games on his blog and he went 7-9 last week.  Here are his Week 2 picks.

Okay, enough jibber jabber as Mr. T would say, let's get to the TransGriot's NFL Week 2 picks.  Home team is in bold print    Last week I went 9-7 and I'm looking for improvement this week. 

Last Week 9-7
TransGriot Season Record 9-7


Sunday, September 18
12 Noon games


Detroit over Kansas City




Buffalo over Oakland



Tampa Bay over Minnesota



New Orleans over Chicago




Baltimore over Tennessee



Indianapolis over Cleveland


NY Jets over Jacksonville



Pittsburgh over Seattle




Washington over Arizona




Green Bay over Carolina




3 PM Games

Dallas over San Francisco




New England over San Diego




Houston over Miami



Cincinnati over Denver

7 PM Game




Philadelphia over Atlanta




Monday, September 19




NY Giants over St Louis


No comments: