Saturday, June 05, 2010

Iconic African-American Transperson In The House In Barcelona

I was a little bummed because I couldn't be at the historic international trans conference taking place through tomorrow in Barcelona, Spain.

The disappointment became more pronounced after I began seeing pics and reports on their Facebook pages and blogs from many of my international friends I correspond with at regular intervals such as Naomi from PinayTG and Sass Rogando Sasot.

I knew Dr. Kelley Winters was there, but I began to wonder if once again, a major historic trans event was happening, and we African American transpeeps had no one there to represent us.

Well, got sent a message by my friend Sharyn that one of our legendary trans women, Miss Major, is in Barcelona and representing us. She's been at the preconference events that started June 1 and I'm looking forward to hearing her take on what transpired in Spain.

I know our interests will be articulated well with Miss Major representing us.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Look for Miss Major (and her partner) in an upcoming documentary "Transfrancisco" premiering at the Frameline Festival on Saturday, June 19, 11:00 AM at the Victoria Theatre in San Francisco.