Monday, November 30, 2009

The 2009 Weblog Awards

The 2009 Weblog Awards

How in Hades this got past me I don't know, especially since I've been waiting for the e-mail notification that it was about to take place and looking for the website since late October.

The 2009 Weblog Awards competition is about to begin and I'm a little pissed about it.

Unfortunately I'm finding out too late to nominate some blogs for various categories since nominations closed on November 22.

In scanning the list of nominees for Best LGBT blog, while Pam's House Blend, The Bilerico Project and Towleroad got nominated, TransGriot didn't.

There were a few blogs authored by Afrosphere bloggers whose work I felt deserved to be recognized in various categories but probably won't get that chance now.

Here's the master category list for 2009.

Even though I'm disappointed I probably won't get a repeat nomination for Best GLBT Blog, I'm still putting a link up to it anyway so you can vote for the finalists.

I'm also making damned sure when the 2010 Weblog competition rolls around that I and other Afrospear members are there on the first day nominating some deserving blogs.


TransGriot Note: The 2009 Weblog Awards were canceled due to technical issues. Ready to pounce the minute that the nomination period opens for the 2010 edition.

No comments: